Welcome to our church!
537 7th Ave. SW
Albany, OR 97321
We are a branch of The First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Boston, Massachusetts, founded by Mary Baker Eddy in 1879.
Mrs. Eddy discovered Christian Science “to commemorate the word and works of our Master, which should reinstate primitive Christianity and its lost element of healing.” (Church Manual, p.17).
Our branch church was organized in Albany on April 12, 1910. The church has been at the present site since 1916 when members purchased a small house and held services there. In 1950 the old house was torn down and construction of the new edifice began. In August of 1965, the members voted to build an extension that is now the Sunday School, Children’s Room, two additional rest rooms, and a Reading Room.